We are very pleased to announce that we have just received the 2018 Angie’s Super Service Award!
Charles Wood & Son Moving & Storage has now enjoyed this honor for a total of 7 years!
The winner of this award is determined by Angie’s List reviews. Based on their reviews, awards are given to the top A-rated companies in their categories and markets. Charles Wood would like to thank all who were responsible for this award! We are gracious and happy to know that we are doing the job we set out to do.
For award winning New York moving and storage service, call Charles Wood & Son!
Thinking about your springtime move? Looking for a reliable moving company to assist you? At Charles Wood Moving & Storage, we are always proud to serve our community of Long Island movers. With the busiest moving season upon us, we are getting ready and prepared with our staff and in our offices to do our tasks quickly and efficiently. We are ready for spring, are you?
Here are some things Long Island movers can do to prepare for a move:
• Choose your moving company:
Look for a ProMover certified moving company to ensure you are working with a legitimate mover and protect you from moving fraud. Make sure that the company you go with is properly insured.
• Book your move in advanced:
Spring jumpstarts the busiest season of the year! Book your mover in advanced to ensure that you get the scheduled move you need with the mover you want.
• Do a home clean-out:
You don’t want to be bringing unwanted belongings to your new home that will just take up space and increase the cost of your move. Throw it out, recycle, or donate!
• Start packing early:
Pick up packing supplies and pack a little at a time. Get as much done as you can early so that by the time moving week comes, you’re not scrambling.
We have worked with a lot of Long Island movers over the years, and we know what it’s like to have a rushed move, it is no fun! That is why we highly suggest planning ahead, and starting early. Don’t have time to pack? Don’t worry! Charles Wood Moving & Storage offer professional packing services for those Long Island movers who are too busy. Just give us a call today to inquire.
Charles Wood Moving & Storage, your trusted Long Island Movers
Welcome back to the Charles Wood & Son Moving & Storage weekly blog update, where we discuss all things home and moving. To continue with our theme from last week: National Earth Month, today we thought we would talk about sustainability within the home. There are many ways that Long Island movers can be conscious of the environment within their homes, without needing to change lifestyles. We will mention a few of them for you, to get the conversation started.
1. Start a compost – If you have a yard, start a pile back away from the house. You can keep a container with a lid in your kitchen and put any compostable material into it (fruit/vegetable matter, egg shells, leftover grains – anything except meat and processed foods). If you don’t have a yard, find somebody local with a garden or a farm that you can bring your material to once a week. Composted material is great for a garden, and great for the earth!
2. Be conscious of paper/plastic bags – Reuse paper and stay away from plastic! Plastic is harmful to the environment and does not decompose. You can also buy a reusable bag in the grocery store, which you can use each time you go shopping.
3. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs – they screw into the typical light bulb socket, but use far less electricity. You won’t need to change them as often!
4. Install a solar water-heater – It is both energy effective and cost effective!
5. Recycle! – Separate your recyclables from your garbage. If you don’t get recycling picked up regularly, set a goal to drop off your cans and boxes a couple of times a month to a local recycling center. It makes a difference!
There are many other ways to take steps towards living a more environmentally friendly life. Do some of your own research if you’re interested! Conducting sustainable projects is a great way to get the whole family involved, and make your home a better place to live.
Happy Earth Month!
Charles Wood & Son Moving & Storage, Your Trusted Long Island Movers